From source to package
Leveraging the power of GitLab CI
Michael is the Head of Services at Adfinis SyGroup AG, an OSS service provider based in Switzerland. At the core he's still a Linux System Engineer and loves to work with talented and motivated people from the OSS community. Linux and OSS rocks!
During this talk we'll show a complete CI/CT pipeline and how we automated the following tasks:
- Render and publish RST / sphinx based documentation
- Build and publish packages (deb + rpm) on a public repository (incl. signing)
The idea is to automate the whole pipeline starting simple with application testing and finally deploying it or building and publishing the appropriate packages and documentations.
The process is automated with GitLab, GitLab-CI, Docker and several smaller projects we have published on GitHub:
- pyaptly (https://github.com/adfinis-sygroup/pyaptly)
- pkgbuild-bot (https://github.com/adfinis-sygroup/gitlab-pkgbot)
- docbuild-bot (https://github.com/adfinis-sygroup/gitlab-docsbot)
We are sure that this fully automated approach for different uses cases brings a new angle into the CI/CT space. Properly packaging software (incl. signing) is still not that easy and many tend to work around it. Attendees will get new ideas how to fully automate the process of transforming source code to a ready-to-use package and not only parts of it.
- 2017 May 28 - 14:30
- 30 min
- openSUSE Conference 2017
- Open Source