openSUSE tools on Debian
current OpenQA status
Debian developer (Hobbyist)
No video of the event yet, sorry!
openSUSE has attractive tools
- Open Build Service (OBS) : build and distribute binary packages from sources in several format
- snapper : tool for Linux filesystem snapshot management, easy use
- openQA : automated test tool for operating systems
- YaST : installation and configuration tool for openSUSE and the SUSE Linux Enterprise distributions
Some of these tools are already porting to other distros (snapper is in several distros, and Open Build Service is ported to Debian). I'm currently maintaining snapper package in Debian (see https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/snapper), and also working on packaging openQA and its related packages (several Perl modules, os-autoinst, etc). If it would be finished, then Debian and tons of Debian derivatives (including Ubuntu) could use openQA! I'll report current status about openQA Debian packaging work (or just ask for help ;), and perspective about how to integrate openQA in Debian development.
Let's share each information, make it better and spread it more!
- 2017 October 22 14:30
- 15 min
- Room 1
- openSUSE.Asia Summit 2017