Lighting Beer and Wein (Not Wine) Talks
Christian Boltz is a long-term openSUSE contributor, starting with lots of bugreports in the time when it was still named 'SUSE Linux". Nowadays, he maintains the AppArmor and PostfixAdmin packages, including lots of upstream contributions to those projects. He is also one of the founders of the openSUSE Heroes.
No video of the event yet, sorry! Meanwhile...
If there is something we like at openSUSE that is talks and beer and wine, and this time we want to combine them. We are going to to have a session with lightning talks, short talks of 5 minutes maximum each, where there is only one rule: The speaker muss always hold a beer or a glass of wine while giving the presentation.
Everybody can submit a proposal. It doesn't matter if you are already an experienced openSUSE contributor or if you are just starting. We want to hear everybody! You just need an interesting and original topic related to open source or openSUSE to join the fun at the openSUSE conference. And if you don't drink alcohol, don't worry, we'll also provide beer-free beer (water ;-)
Submitting a lightning talk
If you want to give a lightning talk, please submit it by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- short description
- I'll have slides: [ ] yes [ ] no
- I'll do a live demo etc. and need to use my own laptop: [ ] yes [ ] no
- I'd like to drink [ ] beer [ ] wine [ ] water
You can submit your lightning talk until friday (2019-05-24) evening 22:00.
The notification if your lightning talk gets accepted will be sent until saturday (2019-05-25) 11:00. If your talk gets accepted and you want to use slides, please send them by mail until 16:00 so that we can use one laptop for all speakers.
- Netiquette - Ish Sookun
- Using Yubikeys to secure your systems - Jochen Hein
- Open Source Education at TH Nürnberg - Sarah Julia Kriesch
- YaST - What's new in Leap 15.1 - Ancor Gonzalez Sosa
- An update on YaST Configuration Management - Inobach Gonzalez Sosa
- Saying "no" to liberate your work - John Kawohl
- and maybe yours? - I still accept submissions!
- 2019 May 25 - 17:00
- 1 h
- Saal (Main Hall)
- openSUSE Conference 2019
- Open Source
- Hands-on with YubiKeys
- Start Time:
- 2019 May 25 15:00
- Seminarraum 1
- SUSE DEVELOPER PROGRAM FOR DATA SCIENTIST
- Start Time:
- 2019 May 25 16:00
- Seminarraum 2