openQA hands-on with openSUSE Leap 42.1
SUSE Linux Corp. , openSUSE community
Ben Chou is Software Engineer from SUSE QA team @Taipei.
Responsible for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server/Desktop quality assurance.
Connect to openSUSE community @Taiwan.
Nice to meet you in openSUSE events !!! ;)
In 2012, openSUSE Conference @Czech Republic
In 2014, openSUSE.Asia Summit @Beijing
- Speaker (Topic : Wicked Network Management )
In 2015, openSUSE.Asia Summit @Taipei
- Speaker (Topic : Continuous integration in Jenkins with openSUSE)
openQA is a testing framework that allows you to test GUI applications on one hand and bootloader and kernel on the other. In both cases, it is difficult to script tests and verify the output. Output can be a popup window or it can be an error in early boot even before init is executed.
The Workshop content will be included as following:
1. Introduction of openQA
- Structure and flow
- Include Items : openQA, OS-autoinst, Needles ...etc.
- What is openQA Worker doing for
- How is the Fuzzy Image Matching in openQA
- How to test console/commands with serial console
- Some useful API
2. Installation of openQA in openSUSE Leap 42.1
3. How to write your own test case in openQA
- How to run a test job
- Compose the test case
- Create qcow2 image for testing
4. How to contribute and submit your own test case to Upstream in GitHub
(Tips: Please prepare openSUSE Leap 42.1 by your own in advance, thanks a lot for joining :-)
- 2016 September 30 13:15
- 2 h
- LAB Database
- openSUSE.Asia Summit 2016