Transactional Updates - deep dive
How to update your systems without breaking them
SUSE Linux GmbH
Has been working on Linux distributions for almost 10 years. Joined SUSE in 2018 as a Research Engineer to bring openSUSE to places where no distribution has gone before (or so they say). That currently means working on transactional-update and openSUSE Kubic related topics.
With the release of Leap 15 the new system role called "Transactional Server" will be available during the installation, so this is the perfect opportunity to have a look at the concept behind it and how to work with such a system in practice.
In this talk we will have a look at transactional-updates from different angles:
* The basic concepts behind transactional-update
* How to use the Transactional Server or Kubic (Users & Administrators)
* Packaging for transactional systems (Packagers)
* How transactional-update compares to other solutions from various distributions (Developers)
* Recent developments in the transactional-update world
- 2018 May 26 15:00
- 30 min
- 155 (Medium)
- openSUSE Conference 2018
- Open Source