Open vSwitch overview
SDN with Open vSwitch
No video of the event yet, sorry!
Open vSwitch is a multilayer software switch licensed under the open source Apache 2 license. The goal is to implement a production quality switch platform that supports standard management interfaces and opens the forwarding functions to programmatic extension and control.
Open vSwitch is well suited to function as a virtual switch in VM environments. In addition to exposing standard control and visibility interfaces to the virtual networking layer, it was designed to support distribution across multiple physical servers. Open vSwitch supports multiple Linux-based virtualization technologies including Xen/XenServer, KVM, and VirtualBox.
In this talk, I would like to give an overview about the Open vSwitch project and including the following topic:
- What is Open vSwitch and why we need Open vSwitch?
- Open vSwitch support features
- Open vSwitch architecture
- Current status of Open vSwitch
- How to install Open vSwitch in openSUSE
- Introduction Open vSwitch daemons and tools
- 2018 August 11 13:00
- 30 min
- Conference Room #201
- openSUSE.Asia Summit 2018